Here is all the new and exciting stuff about Fortnite Season 9. Battle Pass, Map changes, Gameplay changes, and new Weapons. Season 8 has been epic but Fortnite season 9 is so far the biggest season update we have ever seen. Season 9 comes with 3 new map locations which have sprung up at two of the most famous and busiest locations- Tilted Towers and Retail Row. And the result is just wow. Read on for all the details about whatever is new and whatever changes have happened.
Also, read our article on PUBG Mobile Season 7 and Apex Legends Season 2.
What is the release date of Fortnite season 9?
Season 8 will end on 8th May 2019. This can be calculated by going through the Battle Pass season timer. It states the number of days left in the season to end. Next season should launch the next day season 8 ends. Thus, Fortnite season 9 release date is 9th May 2019.
What is new in Season 9?
The makers are keen to deliver on the expectations of the fans and Fortnite season 9 is as exciting and epic as the previous seasons have been. With new map changes and storyline developments, the Fortnite season 9 is epic. Some of the changes are as follows:-
- The explosion of the volcano led to the emergence of two new locations- Neo Tilted in the place of Tilted Towers, Mega Mall in the place of Retail Row and Pressure Plant where the volcano
used to be.
- Slipstream wind transportation system-
- Slipstreams are tunnels of wind that carry you through a wind stream.
- You can change direction while moving down the wind stream and you can also experiment with speed by bobbing up and down.
- Projectiles and vehicles can also use these slipstreams.
- Air vents-
- These are environmental items that are powerful gusts of air. These can help you travel short distances and also give immunity from fall damage.
- Fortbytes look like computer chips and are hidden all over the map. 18 Fortbytes go live on the first day. There are a total of 100 Fortbytes. When you collect these, you can unlock free skins and other items.
- At least 1 Fortbyte will be unlocked every day.
- These cannot be collected after season 9 ends.
- But these chips can be collected by only those who purchase the Battle Pass. Another change is that if you get disconnected you will still be in the world for 60 seconds! You still can take damage and get elimination points.
- A combat shotgun has also been added. It is a semi-automatic gun. It can hold 10 shells. It fires 9 pellets in a single shot and has a fast fire rate. It can reload 2 shells at a time. It can be found in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants. It can be found in chests, vending machines, supply drops, and floor.
- Reduced Drum Gun and Boom Bow availability.
- Grenades have been unvaulted.
- But more things have been vaulted. The list goes as follows: Balloons, clingers, Pump Shotgun, Buried Treasure, Poison Dart Trap, Scoped Revolver, Thermal Assault Rifle and Suppressed Assault Rifle.
- Spectating will now follow the chosen player automatically.
Limited Time Mode Rotation:
- You jump with a squad of three members and try to survive till the last.
- Solid Gold-
- Only Legendary items can be used. You need to survive till the last and win by using only legendary items.
- One Shot-
- There will be low gravity. So, you can jump up high and take aims. Only the sniper is allowed in this game and the only healing item available is a bandage. Each player will have 50 health, so just finish all other before your health is lost.
So, this was all about the new Fortnite season 9. For more details on this topic, you can always refer to the official site of Epic Games. Also, read our article on PUBG Mobile Season 7 and Apex Legends Season 2.